Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Words of wisdom..Just ask for it!

Dear friends,

One of my habit is to ask for advice everytime i met an elderly person. i will used this sentence "So sir/mdm, based on your lifetime experiences, can you please give me an advice? Maybe you can choose one out of so many you know, the best one hopefully?"
This action usually followed by a puzzled facial expression. But after i managed to convince them, they will start giving one. And this time, they will have problem to stop!

What i'm trying to tell here, these experienced people (old, in other word) did have what i called as 'word of wisdom'. The only limitation is we do not ask enough for it! The more we ask, the more we will get.

i'll share with you my experience. I usually have many patients who belong to this age group and i always liked them so much. For me, dealing with them make me remember my parents and i will use my friendly approach to make them know, i'm sincere to offer my help. At the end of the consultation time, i will ask them for their advice. In fact i use the word, an advice especially for me. You see, most of the time, they will think for a while, and then BANG! I practised this habit every i go, including during visit to a new places, regardless of their location and backgrounds.

I listed them all and will try to make a book out of it.

Dear friends,
In between our busy schedule, looking back at those pieces of advise, i really feel thankful and blessed. I discovered their advice serve as a checkpoint in my life. EVeryone of them, serve as a beautiful reminder, and the best part of it, i remember them. No point you have a reminder, but you still forget, isn't it?

i'll share some great advises in my next opportunity. Till then see you.

No comments:

Saya kembali selepas 3 bulan menyepi..

Maaf dipinta kepada semua. Atas beberapa sebab yang tak dapat dinyatakan di sini, saya terpaksa rehat sebentar. Akan tetapi sekarang saya ak...