Saturday, May 24, 2008

Total blindness towards race and religion

Salam to all,

I just came back from from my 'Circle of life meeting', my normal early Sunday morning breakfast discussion. Today,we discussed about the direction of the country from the context of current political scenario. The meeting was attended by various personalities, each of them from different age group and backgrounds.

The conclusion from the meeting was "the country should strive for 'total blindness' towards race and religion". Coincidentally, another friend of mine e mailed me few articles written by fellow bloggers regarding the same topic. Interesting event!

I laughed at them. I laughed at myself.

I remember I asked them, "come on guys, are we living in heaven now?".
Some of them answered "Yes!"

I believe, many of us out there shared the same view, maybe not my personal view.

But i still think that we are dreaming too much in this aspect. I'm not trying to be a pessimist here, but i know myself and my environment well. I know what's an idea and what's the reality.

The non- Malays are thinking that the country should go on even and fair ground where everybody, as long as they are the legal citizen of Malaysia, shall receive equal treatment. They questioned the right and the basis of Malay's struggle in this country. Some even asked, "what struggled?". The Malays are enjoying the benefits of being Malays in almost every aspect of their life.

The Malays, of course, doesn't agree. Maybe not all Malays shared the same view. Whatever these Malays said, and whether they like it or not, they are at the receiving end anyway.

I was trying to find the answer for this for a long time. And i discover one single fact, that dream, is merely a dream. I know, some of you might not agree with me. I could not care less about them. I don't ask you to agree with me here, at first place.

For those who disagree, let me tell you my reasons:
1. Whoever you believe in, as your current leader, did not fight for the 'true' equal right. Check my word, not even a single one have the ability to do this. They know this fact well themselves. What are they doing right now,is to go for the best they can, meaning, they know they cannot, but just do it for the sake of the 'perjuangan'. They know, the final destiny is impossible. So, what's best they can achieve is partial only, not TOTAL!
What they shout, is not what they believe. Especially, when they say so. Look at what are they doing. In order to understand this, you must be able to look deeper than what you see.

2. Study history and start looking around. Do a comparative one. One of my very close Chinese friend said to me, whatever happen to this country, Malaysia is still the best country for non-Malays to stay. Everything is a gain, and nothing to loose, he said.

3. Take a day of our normal daily routine, and ask ourselves, are we being fair to ourselves, and to others. Being fair to ourselves mean, we allow ourselves to criticize what we did, and start looking from other's point of view. In other word, letting our ego down, and understand others. In order to do this, we must be able to dig into our own mind and have a clear insight. Not an easy task actually.
Being fair to others mean, not to use our own ruler to measure others.

Dear all Malaysians,
In my study, many did not manage to escape themselves from the common trap of 'race and religion'. We live with it.

That's why i said, a call for a total blindness towards race and religion is a joke.

I'm not so sure about you out there, but i'm very sure about myself.

I'll do all out to make sure my next generation and I, did not forget our root, race and religion. I'll make them understand the history and let them to interpret base on their knowledge and understanding.
At the same time, i will also do all out to make sure my next generation and I, will always treat our friend Ah Kow, Raju and others as my fellow friends, just like Ahmad, Sulaiman and many more.
My father can do that, why can't I?

Nawar

No comments:

Saya kembali selepas 3 bulan menyepi..

Maaf dipinta kepada semua. Atas beberapa sebab yang tak dapat dinyatakan di sini, saya terpaksa rehat sebentar. Akan tetapi sekarang saya ak...